Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Paul Contin's Christmas gift

Christmas Sunday was a powerful morning  Someone received the true gift of Christmas.  The night before Robert went to bed at 11 pm, but when I got up to go to the restroom at 1:30 am he was gone.  I found him praying earnestly in his chair.  He was so burdened for souls.  At church the next morning he exhorted under a wonderful anointing making an appeal for souls to surrender to Jesus Christ.  Our long time friend Paul Contin had just had a near death experience and was under severe conviction - before he even got to church.  He hit the altar during Ann's beautiful "Oh Holy Night" along with some other people and was soundly converted.  His testimony was so strong afterwards.  Later that afternoon Robert asked him how he was doing and he said, "I'm in the glory!"  He spent Christmas day with us and the Helblings, asking many questions about God.  He is reading the bible for the first time.  He keeps saying, "I am so happy!  I am so happy!"

If you have time to watch the video of this, I just happened to have my camera that morning (with the intention of filming music).  You will see Robert's exhortation, Ann's song and Paul hitting the altar and his testimony afterwards.

Touching video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DDqMsOBVpk

Praise the Lord for the convicting power of God on a Christmas Sunday!  (That's one of the hardest Sundays to stay in Spirit, I think!  Too many of man's plans and performance type spirit often competing.  Praise the Lord for the divine take over!)






3 comments: