Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Streets in Ireland

As you all know, we are now - finally - en route to India!!! It's still a little weird to be past the farewells at the airport that I've been dreading for so long, and to realize that the time changes are not going to be "changing back" for quite a long time, etc. We are VERY much enjoying our time with Jordan, Naomi, Nathanael, and Anna-Joy!! I just relish being able to watch Nathanael stomp his feet in excitement, smile, laugh, or just take everything in with his intense demeanor. Anna-Joy is so beautiful, sweet, and alert, and loves to be held, which I have enjoyed. :) Amos and Justice are having a really good time, as well. Being able to visit with Jordan and Naomi has been so refreshing too, especially since we hardly ever get to see them. Naomi and I connect in many ways through our husbands being pastors of small churches, and through having little children, and so we've had a really good time talking together.
Last night the boys were having a hard time getting to sleep, which gave both Andrew and I some extra individual prayer times. While holding Justice, I decided to sing to him, and the Lord brought to mind the song, "Day by Day." It was so encouraging in this transition time. One part that sticks out to me is where it says something like the Lord mixes toil with joy and peace. During my prayer time the Lord reminded me that while I'm in India, just like when I've gone through trials before, He will give His presence, He will mix joy with hardships, and He won't throw anything at me that I cannot handle. It has been so easy for me to picture this first year as something almost impossible that I will hardly be able to handle - and maybe that will sometimes be the case, but at times I have also forgotten the love, care, and presence of our Lord. I am so thankful for how He does take care of us, and ministers to us exactly what we need in each moment. 
Anyway, we love you ALL and you are all welcome in India!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful report on all accounts! It is great to have God with us and leading us on this journey. Of course, I'm blessed to see your families enjoying each other.

    ReplyDelete